Academic Waivers and Substitutions

  1. A student may request waivers or substitutions relating to specific degree requirements by submitting a written request to the dean of the college in which the student is majoring. In no instance may a waiver reduce the number of hours required for graduation in a degree program. 
  2. Waivers not involving institutional requirements may be granted by the dean after consultation with the faculty advisor and department chair. Requests for waivers of institutional requirements must be approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs or designee following a recommendation from the dean.